Thread: OpenGL on Thinkpad T430 (HD 4000 graphics)

Hybrid View

Beans

OpenGL on Thinkpad T430 (HD 4000 graphics)

Hi,

I recently bought a Thinkpad T430 laptop with HD 4000 integrated graphics. There seems to be something wrong with the OpenGL support. I first noticed it when I installed cairo-dock and wasn't able to use the OpenGL version. It will run, but the icons don't display. Yesterday I was using a different program (called Tecplot 360 FWIW) to create some plots. When I tried to export them to .png files, it complained about my OpenGL only supporting maximum image sizes of -1 x -1, which I guess means I can't use it to export images because of whatever this problem is with the OpenGL support.

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong or how it could be fixed? I'm guessing it probably has to do with some packages that I need to install, but I'm not sure which ones. The standard mesa libraries seem to be present.

Thanks.

Beans

Re: OpenGL on Thinkpad T430 (HD 4000 graphics)

Any ideas? I think I'm going to try an LTS-based release (currently using Mint 14 KDE) on Live USB to see if that makes any difference. If not, I will chalk it up to the Ivy Bridge / HD4000 graphics being new and hope it gets fixed in later updates.

Speaking of which, does anyone know how I could go about submitting a bug report for an issue like this? All I know right now is that the OpenGL support is not working quite right, but I don't know how to find out what is actually the bug.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

EDIT: proper reading helps ...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Thread moved to Multimedia & Video

Beans

Well, I tried both Xubuntu 12.04 and Mint 13 KDE on a Live USB, and they both had the same problem. So I guess I will just have to wait and hope it gets fixed as drivers are improved.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin