Thread: USB problems: unable to enumerate device; connect-debounce failed

Beans

USB problems: unable to enumerate device; connect-debounce failed

I have a problem with the USB ports on my laptop. I think it is a grounding or static problem. I have replace the LCD twice and I may not have put it back together exactly perfectly, but it mostly works. Occasionally, when I connect my Bamboo Fun tablet, it is not regonized. When that happens, the laptop will not suspend for several weeks. In the past, the problem has eventually gone away. I was googling around trying to debug the problem today when I found someone who said to go into terminal mode. When I do that, two messages keep printing continually:

unable to enumerate USB device on port 1
    connect-debounce failed, port 2 disabled

A screenshot is attached.

How do I tell the OS to ignore all pending USB connection attempts and whatever is in the back log and just wipe the slate clean?

Thanks,

Ryan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: USB problems: unable to enumerate device; connect-debounce failed

So, I accidentally, unintentionally solved this problem in a not very fulfilling way. In order to solve a different problem, I booted the computer temporarily into Windows and I plugged a USB flashdrive in. The flashdrive and USB port worked fine in Windows. The next time I rebooted into Ubuntu, the scrolling messages were gone and the computer went into and out of suspension without any problems.