Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you ready for Ubuntu Mobile OS?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Are you ready for Ubuntu Mobile OS?

Quote Originally Posted by haqking View Post
    I am not too keen on Amazon having all my phone numbers or text messages
    Google on the other hand is fine?

On the desktop you can disable the amazon integration, I expect a similar option on the phone. I expect Ubuntu Mobile to handle privacy better then Android.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Nr90 View Post
    Google on the other hand is fine?

On the desktop you can disable the amazon integration, I expect a similar option on the phone. I expect Ubuntu Mobile to handle privacy better then Android.
    Who mentioned Google, I dont give anything to Google thanks very much

And I know you can disable it, I dont use Ubuntu anyways, it was a jest
    Feel Free to Bitcoin Tip: 135Rp4pwwYTHEJ4u8bxKaDQiC91N9LUoV2

Backtrack - Giving machine guns to monkeys since 2006
    Kali-Linux - Adding a grenade launcher to the machine guns since 2013

Beans

I came on tonight, to see if I could get a jump start on the download. I believe it was rumored to be available Thursday (aka 35 mins ago via west coast )

Guess I will have to attempt to sleep before my job interview tomorrow instead

I don't have a Nexus, but I am hoping a work around for the Samsung Galaxy SIII (3) will be available shortly after. I bought this phone with the idea of rooting it to custom firmwares, and that is what I intend to do with Ubuntu OS.

Hopefully my android app development background will assist me in developing quality apps for an upcoming market. I am only worried that an open source and free package community like this will refuse to embrace paying minimal amounts for quality applications.

- Live long and prosper ubuntu os

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by kanazky View Post
    I came on tonight, to see if I could get a jump start on the download. I believe it was rumored to be available Thursday (aka 35 mins ago via west coast )

Guess I will have to attempt to sleep before my job interview tomorrow instead

I don't have a Nexus, but I am hoping a work around for the Samsung Galaxy SIII (3) will be available shortly after. I bought this phone with the idea of rooting it to custom firmwares, and that is what I intend to do with Ubuntu OS.

Hopefully my android app development background will assist me in developing quality apps for an upcoming market. I am only worried that an open source and free package community like this will refuse to embrace paying minimal amounts for quality applications.

- Live long and prosper ubuntu os
    Well, there are hardliners but they usually hate Ubuntu as "too commercial". Humble Indie Bundle and the Ubuntu Software Store has proven that Ubuntu users will pay for software that is better than free alternatives.

The idea behind Ubuntu Phone is that it wont just be Ubuntu fans that will buy them.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

so....

any update yet on the Os image?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by beatmech View Post
    so....

any update yet on the Os image?
    Wondering this myself.. It's 6am EST, so what.. 11am over at Canonical? Hurry up, guys!
    Bart: Hey, why is it destroying other toys? Lisa: They must have programmed it to eliminate the competition. Bart: You mean like Microsoft? Lisa: Exactly.

Beans

well, i thought i might straightly dive into the documentations when its available, then install and finally use the ubuntu as my first phone. but after some readings (still not convince), then replay some of the vids/preview out there, at last i'm convince that it won't be happening.

i might swallow it a bit hard that the first image would not ready as a first phone basis. i can't do coding, far away from to be a developer. but that won't stop me to install it at all. maybe all i can give back is to test it at GNex.

minute by minute i getti'n envy for those who own nexus7 or 10. the experience on the tablets seems getting sweetier everytime i see a new vids.

Beans

Of course I am and I will because I'm having such a bad experience with Android most recently, especially after Android 4.2 that my GNEX became Sluggish as hell and keep freezing on me, also, i've tested many many ROM's for Galaxy Nexus both 4.1 and 4.2, right now my phone is with CodenameAndroid based on 4.1 because 4.2 is so slow on my Phone that makes me angry.

So I really can't wait to flash Ubuntu OS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12