Thread: Nokia Lumina 920 on Ubuntu?

Beans

Question Nokia Lumina 920 on Ubuntu?

I don't really want a windows mobile phone, but I kind of have to for work. *sigh*

Anyways, at the moment I have iPhone 4, which as everyone should know, is extremely closed source. So no iTunes, no management of my music. However I am curious, Is the Nokia Lumina 920 a phone that I can easily manage my music on Ubuntu? (preferably as easy as drag and drop or copy and pasting files, etc.)

If its not really supported on Ubuntu then what phones are? I have the choice between Galaxy SII, HTC One X, or a Samsung Note. (Would prefer not to use android devices)

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 Precise

Beans

Re: Nokia Lumina 920 on Ubuntu?

Nobody knows..?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I wouldn't expect many Ubuntu users to own Windows phones.

Try taking a laptop with Ubuntu into a phone shop and ask if you can plug into their display Lumina?
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Sorry, uncommanded double-post.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Hi

I also wonder how well the Lumia 920 works with Ubuntu. Have you tried it yet? Does it sync well with google-calendar and -contacts? Can you use it as a modem?

I have an iPhone now but I'll ditch Apple in my next phone-update. But unfortunately I don't really like Android and until Ubuntu Phone OS comes out Windows Phone OS seems like the best thing out there (imho that is), and I really like the hardware of the Lumia. I'm just hoping Ubuntu Phone OS will be ported to it in the near future.

//Askel
    Last edited by Askel; March 8th, 2013 at 01:46 PM.

Beans

As a former user of the iPhone 4, I made the move to the Lumia 920. I for one don't care for the Windows 8 Phone setup, the only reason why I done it cause my Mom and Pop needs help from time to time with theirs (same type phone) that live 75 miles away. I hope one day that we'll be able to run Ubuntu on this type of phones. I'm also was hoping there was something out there to manage files through Ubuntu on this phone.