Thread: 12.10 help

Beans

12.10 help

I upgraded to Ubuntu 12.10 when it was released. I have had quite a number of issues with it. Terrible start up and shut down, internal system errors, and other buggy stuff.

I wonder if Lubuntu 12.10 is more stable? I tried in Virtualbox and it had problems there but I suspect that Vbox isn't working well in Ubuntu 12.10.

Has anyone found the Lubuntu release to be more stable?

Beans

Re: 12.10 help

Hi,

Actually I would say that I've also had problems with the VirtualBox use on Linux. It always displays errors but when I booted from my CD or Flash Drive it worked better. I wouldn't say that it's more stable in general, I just think the UI is lighter. Meaning that it's more lightweight.

As for 12.10 I know what you mean. I've always been the type, that when a new Linux distro is released I wait 5-6 months before using it so it can stabilize first. I use Linux Zorin OS 6 if you're looking for a fast OS with really good GUI. So to break it down, for me both were okay, but right now Lubuntu seems a bit better.

Beans

Re: 12.10 help resolved

After all the testing i have done, I decided to just go back to 12.04. So far so good. My system is running very smooth and noticeably faster than with 12.10. I have test other systems for the past few weeks and it boiled down to Lubuntu or Ubuntu 12.04. I like the Unity desk top so that is what I went with. I will stick to LTS distro's in the future.

Beans

I use the Lubuntu release, and it's pretty stable, though I had to install a few metapackages to get it to work correctly (I use GNOME-Shell)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

i too have troubles running linux distros in VirtualBox. which confuses me really