Thread: Ask : Need help !

Beans

Ask : Need help !

i just finaly finish to instal ubuntu 11.10 on my netbook HP mini 110-3557 TU . But the point of problem is :

1. i cant play any music file on ubuntu
    2.i cant install any widows file (.exe)

i've been read about wine alredy but,i cant make it . cant download and install wine in offline .

the thing that i onhly need is help for ,how to install wine with offline computer . just it . please help, i realy apreciat for ur help ! GO OPEN SOURCE

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ask : Need help !

Hello,

The reason you cannot run your exe is because they are Windows programs. What exactly are you trying to install?

As for your music problem, can you describe how you cannot play the music? Does it say its playing and no sound comes out, or does it give an error? Make sure your sound settings is properly configured and the files are not broken or an unsupported file type.

If you are offline, how are you posting? But, I'm not sure how you can download wine while you are offline. Why not fix the Internet connection instead? This will allow you to download the file and other things.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

To increase your chances of getting help please use descriptive thread titles in future. You can edit this one by editing the first post and clicking 'Go Advanced'.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tandasanyu View Post
    i just finaly finish to instal ubuntu 11.10 on my netbook HP mini 110-3557 TU . But the point of problem is :

1. i cant play any music file on ubuntu
    2.i cant install any widows file (.exe)

i've been read about wine alredy but,i cant make it . cant download and install wine in offline .

the thing that i onhly need is help for ,how to install wine with offline computer . just it . please help, i realy apreciat for ur help ! GO OPEN SOURCE
    You should know that Linux, Ubuntu in particular, was designed to work online when installing apps. There are lots of dependencies among components and libraries -- which the installers attempt to resolve automatically when downloading stuff. IF you're offline, you are faced with resolving these, one at a time, by yourself. That is a nightmare you don't want to have to deal with.

Regarding Wine, it is a kludge that allows SOME Windows apps to run; it is not an emulation of Windows that runs in Linux. Once again, you need online access -- this time, to check the WineHQ website to check on the apps and versions you want to run to see their ratings. Anything not listed, or rated less than Gold, is not going to work well enough in Ubuntu to be useful.

If your goal in combing to Ubuntu is to reuse your Windows apps, you're setting yourself up for major disappointment in the long run.
    Mint 15 & 16; MS Win7 & Win8.1.
    Will not respond to PM requests for support -- use the forums.