Thread: Very limited access, via Nautilus, to external sdcard on Andoid phone

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Very limited access, via Nautilus, to external sdcard on Andoid phone

Hello. I recently used the "lsusb" command with my Galaxy Note 2 plugged in my pc. It showed up as a Galaxy S II. I've been trying to add files to the ext sd card with Nautilus, FileZilla or some other means. Nautilus will show the top level directories on the sd card, but won't show anything under them, when the sd card is installed in the phone. I'm trying to find out if it's a thing with Ubuntu (12.04) or with Android (4.1.1).

Bus 008 Device 003: ID 04e8:6860 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd GT-I9100 Phone [Galaxy S II]

When I plug the phone's usb cable to the pc, a notification appears saying the camera cannot be mounted. Both internal and external drives from the phone do get mounted. I don't mess with the internal drive. In my search for a solution(s), I have seen mentions of Ubuntu having incompatibilities with other Galaxy/Android devices.

The only way I have been success at adding files to the ext sd card is by removing the card from the phone and inserting it directly into the pc. It's just a bit frustrating to have to do this each time I want to add files to the sd card. If there is anyone that has a solution, please post them.

Thanks.
    Last edited by DAB4970; January 27th, 2013 at 03:56 AM.