Thread: modprobe ndiswrapper =>nothing happens

Beans

modprobe ndiswrapper =>nothing happens

Hey guys, I am a beginner with ubuntu and I have just started to use this operating system a couple days ago. I am having a very hard problem with installing this wna3100 wireless adapter through ndiswrapper. I have installed ndiswrapper and the wireless adapter driver through it, but still it doesn't seem to work. iwconfig doesn't show wlan0 modprobe ndiswrapper/ sudo modprobe ndiswrapper doesn't give me any results. ndiswrapper -l : tells me that the driver is installed and the device is present. I am currently running gnome, 32-bit. I have been scouring the searches for the past three days and that has left me at this point. If there is any knowledge out there for me I would greatly appreciate it.

Beans

Re: modprobe ndiswrapper =>nothing happens

also the command: lshw -C Network gives me : PCI (Sysfs) for a couple seconds, then becomes :SCSI and does nothing else

Beans

actually with lshw -C Network, no wireless interfaces are recognized, only eh0 and eth1, similar to iwconfig. odd that some commands recognize my wireless adapter like: ndiswrapper -l, and lsusb

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I experience this same problem. Worked perfectly in Ubuntu 12.04 (actually Mint 13), and just switched to 13.04 (X86) and "sudo modprobe ndiswrapper" gets stuck and keeps blinking.
    Using ndiswrapper from the repository (1.58), trying to install my SITECOM N300 wireless adapter using the WinXP drivers

Code:
    ndiswrapper -l
    gives:
    Code:
    netrtwlanu : driver installed
        device (0DF6:0070) present
    So it seems like its properly installed.

Anyone solved this yet?
    Thanks

EDIT: Oh woops, two reboots and it worked. (shame)
    Last edited by nanders; April 26th, 2013 at 12:48 PM. Reason: solved