Thread: Network Configuration-Ubuntu boot

Beans

Network Configuration-Ubuntu boot

Hello ,

I am having a problem with Network Configuration in Ubuntu . Every I time I boot my laptop ,when Ubuntu is loading ,it displays the message "Waiting for network configuration " and after sometime it is displaying "Booting up without full network configuration " . As a result I am not able to use WiFi ,as when I go to Network in settings there are no options for the word "wireless".

The above was the case when I booted my laptop without my LAN cable plugged in .

When my LAN cable is plugged ,no problem arises ,everything is working normal . Can anyone please help me with this problem ?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Network Configuration-Ubuntu boot

Quote Originally Posted by 7Starphy View Post
    Hello ,

I am having a problem with Network Configuration in Ubuntu . Every I time I boot my laptop ,when Ubuntu is loading ,it displays the message "Waiting for network configuration " and after sometime it is displaying "Booting up without full network configuration " . As a result I am not able to use WiFi ,as when I go to Network in settings there are no options for the word "wireless".

The above was the case when I booted my laptop without my LAN cable plugged in .

When my LAN cable is plugged ,no problem arises ,everything is working normal . Can anyone please help me with this problem ?
    first hint is to post up some specs about your env.
    Like distro used & version, laptop & wifi card model!

You can also dig in into the networking section: NETWORK SECTION
    Most probably your problem was already posted and replied over there!

Props!
    Last edited by und3rtug4; January 25th, 2013 at 02:29 PM. Reason: adding link to useful section

Beans

Ok , I am using Ubuntu 12.04 , and I tried googling ,but didnt help much . I am not sure it is any particular problem with my WiFi card because everything works fine when I boot my laptop with the LAN cable plugged in ,when I dont plug in it is asking - "Waiting for network configuration...Waiting for network configuration " and then suddenly -"booting system without full network configuration " and then literally it is as if there is no "network related drivers " at all in my laptop.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Did you set up the WiFi previously? If not and this is a new install, you will need to set it up.

Beans

Yes! I have worked with my WiFi on Ubuntu before , I dont know what happened recently , when I boot my laptop with my LAN cable not plugged in , I dont get any of my Network services