Thread: Issue with Ubuntu 12.10 context menus

Beans

Question Issue with Ubuntu 12.10 context menus

Okay, so I ran an upgrade through the Software Updater in Ubuntu 12.10, and then restarted my computer. Upon restarting I noticed that all of the icons in the transparent login screen bar were white blocks, and then after I logged in, I noticed it had also happened with context menus, right click menu, and the popup notifications for volume and such. I have screenshots of the issues here

if anybody knows what this error is and how I could solve it, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

--Nick
    Last edited by breadman; January 25th, 2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: My "H" key is being wonky and didn't register a few times

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Issue with Ubuntu 12.10 context menus

I think the update just changed your icon set. You can just change the icon set you are using. I use Ubuntu Tweak to change them. Go to tweaks, then theme, then icon. There are several by default to use.

Beans

I tried that but it didn't work, hmm

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I might be a question of panel opacity. I'm on 12.04LTS so some settings may be different. Again, I would use Ubuntu Tweak, go to tweaks and then unity, check panel opacity and see if changing it helps.