Thread: How to set default paragraph style to “normal” in email replies in Evolution?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Unhappy How to set default paragraph style to “normal” in email replies in Evolution?

When I answer an email in Evolution 3.2.3 (Ubuntu 12.04) the new text I write has the paragraph style "normal" and is wrapped, but the quoted text of the email I answer to has the paragraph style "preformatted" and is not wrapped. As my screen is only 15 inch although wide, I normally don't see to whole text. I need to change the paragraph style manually for the quoted email part to "normal" so the next is wrapped and readable without the need to scroll to to side every line. It does not matter whether I change the email to html (from text) or change the reply style.
    Is there a way to set the the default paragraph style for the whole answer email to "normal"?

I thought it was different in previous version of Evolution (this "new behaviour" happens at least since Ubuntu 10.10, Evolution 2.30.3), but I don't know exactly when the change happened.

Beans
    Distro

Re: How to set default paragraph style to “normal” in email replies in Evolution?

Nobody there that can help with this question that seems to be easy to answer?
    Last edited by tellapu; October 21st, 2012 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Question mark missed.

Beans
    Distro

Re: How to set default paragraph style to “normal” in email replies in Evolution?

Bump!

Beans
    Distro

Red face Re: How to set default paragraph style to “normal” in email replies in Evolution?

Happy New Year. So far there was always somebody that could give an answer to a question.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by tellapu View Post
    Happy New Year. So far there was always somebody that could give an answer to a question.
    Evolution retains the formatting of the original message, some other clients auto-wrap and others don't and you have to deal with what you receive from them.

I don't think there has ever been a way to automatically change this but you might be able to "hack" one of the default Evolution config files (somewhere).
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans
    Distro

Wink Re: How to set default paragraph style to “normal” in email replies in Evolution?

Good day David!

Thanks a lot for your answer. I knew that there would somebody to comment on this.

Do you know who would could help with your suggestion:
    "you might be able to "hack" one of the default Evolution config files (somewhere). "

Cheers!