Thread: Need Java help!!

Hybrid View

Beans

Question Need Java help!!

I want to download Youtube videos, and whenever I try one method, I need Java installed. I've done various methods using Terminal, and I've now got the latest version... I think. I'm new to Ubuntu, and I have no real idea what the hell I am doing, (but fun so far!), and I need help to install/download/configure/ work some wizardry to get Java running. If there are alternative methods to download Youtube videos, I would like to know about them too. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Beans

Re: Need Java help!!

Downloading youtube videos violates their terms, and asking how to do it on ubuntuforums is frowned upon at best: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11290295

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Need Java help!!

Quote Originally Posted by MICsteven View Post
    I want to download Youtube videos, and whenever I try one method, I need Java installed. I've done various methods using Terminal, and I've now got the latest version... I think. I'm new to Ubuntu, and I have no real idea what the hell I am doing, (but fun so far!), and I need help to install/download/configure/ work some wizardry to get Java running. If there are alternative methods to download Youtube videos, I would like to know about them too. Any help is appreciated, thanks!
    try to go to a store and purchase a knife and tell them you need it to kill someone.. guess what: you are not going to get it!!
    http://www.flashvideodownloader.org/helpfirefox.php

blog
    Donations BTC : 12FwoB7uAM5FnweykpR1AEEDVFaTLTYFkS
    DOUBLEPLUSGOOD!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu