Thread: Trouble with Raring and IPv6

Threaded View

Beans
    Hidden!

Trouble with Raring and IPv6

On this computer (a laptop) I have three versions of Ubuntu installed: 12.04, 12.10, and I'm also testing Raring. Networking - both wireless and wired - works well with all three. However, the IPv6 address for Raring that is displayed as the public address (e.g. at test-ipv6.com, and all others) for my wired connection, is the one that contains the mac address for my computer. I really don't want my IPv6 address to display my mac address, of course. This does not occur with Ubuntu 12.04 or with 12.10, and nothing special has been configured on either system that might make a difference.

I am using a Linksys router that has IPv6 configured manually, using information obtained from Hurricane Electric. The IPv4 addresses assigned by the router are statically assigned to different computers (by mac addresses), but IPv6 addresses are not statically assigned. However, after each reboot Raring receives the same public IPv6 address (which displays the mac address), whereas the public IPv6 addresses assigned when I boot either 12.04 or 12.10 vary.

Can this be fixed in Raring? Have I missed something? Or is this a bug I should report?

Thanks!
    Last edited by mcellius; January 24th, 2013 at 06:47 AM.