Thread: Daggerfall

Hybrid View

Beans

Daggerfall

Hi everybody! I'm trying to play Elder Scrolls Daggerfall. I have DOSbox, but when I extract the game using 7zip, it just creates another file with an extra .7z.... and every time I do this, it keeps adding an extra .7z. Anybody know what the problem is?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Daggerfall

Hello,

That is very strange, indeed! What are you using to extract the files? Try a different extractor or open the folder where the zip is located in with the command "gksudo nautilus"* and then right click and extract.

If you are using Archive Manager, then install 7zip through the Software Center and try to unzip with that. You can even try a terminal unzip command;

http://codeghar.wordpress.com/2007/1...in-ubuntu-cli/

*Assuming you are using Ubuntu 12.04.

Beans

I have 10.04 Lucid and was originally using Archive Manager, but I always got a command output error, so I installed 7zip. Does anyone recommend another GOOD unzip program?

Beans
    Distro

Hello,

What is the output error? It could be the zip that is the problem, not the program being used.

Beans

I actually have got the error on multiple zip files. I believe it says 'zip directory not found'. It's the same error for different types of files. With 7zip, it doesn't give me an error, it just never opens.

Beans
    Distro

Hello,

And when you got that error, where you running commands through the terminal or through the right-click/double click method? And if you were running commands, what were they?