Thread: XSane

Beans

Question XSane

Hi, I am having a small issue. I have my computer connected to my Brother MFC-7860 DW and I can print with no issues. To scan, I need to run XSane as a root user, and I can scan no problem. My issue comes with the file. I select the PDF extension and where to save the file. OK. No problem. Only thing is, I can't open the PDFs that I scan. I get the following error message:

There was an error opening this document. You do not have permission to write to this file.

Is there any way to set XSane so that I am the owner of the scans?

Thanks, I really appreciate any help!

Beans

Re: XSane

Quote Originally Posted by Kruxoli View Post
    Hi, I am having a small issue. I have my computer connected to my Brother MFC-7860 DW and I can print with no issues. To scan, I need to run XSane as a root user, and I can scan no problem. My issue comes with the file. I select the PDF extension and where to save the file. OK. No problem. Only thing is, I can't open the PDFs that I scan. I get the following error message:

There was an error opening this document. You do not have permission to write to this file.

Is there any way to set XSane so that I am the owner of the scans?

Thanks, I really appreciate any help!
    I was actually able to figure this out on my own (SHOCKING!).

From XSane:

Preferences > Setup > Save

From here I was able to change the "User" and "Group" permissions allowing me to open the PDF files that I scanned.

THANKS!