Thread: Resume/Thaw issue in 12.04

Beans

Question Resume/Thaw issue in 12.04

Hi world
    I need your help.
    My Dell latitude D800 shows black screen on Resume/Thaw. I use kernel 3.2.0-36-generic with the new nvidia-96.43.23 which now makes my nv28 GeForce4 4200Go laptop video board working, and gnome-shell.
    To have resume/thaw to work, I have to close my X session, then switch to console and send a sudo pm-suspend or pm-hibernate (so making pm features useless).
    From X session, when I get the black screen, the kill x shortcut does not seem to do anything, only the shortcut ending with "B" does the same thing a long press on power button does. I even can't switch to console, the shortcut won't display it.
    The pm-suspend log does not seem to show any error.
    I was advised to
    Code:
    GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="noquiet nosplash"
    GRUB_TERMINAL=console
    with no difference
    Thank you for help please

[EDIT]: additional info, not sure if related with the issue:
    When normal booting or from thaw, while loading grub, my system often sends a lot of beeps. There is a very short time and little message on the top left on the screen I reached to capture with a camera in movie mode, stating
    Code:
    error: no video mode activated
    , then the usual grub menu is displayed in (25x80 characters mode)
    Last edited by Byb; January 23rd, 2013 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo and additional info

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Resume/Thaw issue in 12.04

I know the post is a little dated, but you might want to give this a try: http://www.amitsrivastava.net/2008-0...a-dell-vostro/.