Thread: Business Management Software Recommendation

Beans

Question Business Management Software Recommendation

I'm looking for a business management system that I can host on Ubuntu Server. We are looking for something similar to SharePoint. I need it to be web based and have the ability to share and collaborate on documents. I know there are a ton of solutions out there that can handle that. But...

Most importantly I need it to be able to deal with forms. Users should be able to fill out forms and the data from the form gets routed through an appropriate workflow until approval is received (or whatever the end result might be). It would also be nice if the workflow could receive its data from web services as well.

Any suggestions where to look?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Business Management Software Recommendation

I havent tried it, but I found https://sites.google.com/site/barbar...-alt-on-ubuntu

Heres the home page here

Im thinking of installing it for a giggle if I have the time...
    You can tell a man who boozes by the company he chooses, as the pig got up and slowly walked away.

Beans

Well, I think we are going to have to split this up into a couple of different solutions to get what we want. The one you mentioned seems like it would make a decent file sharing platform. I'm looking into formtools.org to do my forms. But another large part I'm wanting to implement is purchase requisition management. Looking for people to be able to submit purchase requests, follow an approval process, and generate a purchase order at the end. Does anyone have any recommendations in that regard?

Beans

For anyone that happens to stumble on this in the future, I just ran across openerp.com which looks pretty promising. Not sure yet, but I'll be poking around in there.