Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only a blank page starts

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Only a blank page starts

Again, this is a Wordpress issue, more specifically related to the Blackbird theme. It seems you are not alone, but there are no responses to this similar issue.

I suggest reporting the issue to the theme developer, or try a different theme.
    Nothing is ever easy, but if it is difficult you must be doing it wrong.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by volkswagner View Post
    Again, this is a Wordpress issue, more specifically related to the Blackbird theme. It seems you are not alone, but there are no responses to this similar issue.

I suggest reporting the issue to the theme developer, or try a different theme.
    This plugin is quite strange. Once installed even after deleleting its directory/folder you can find it on;
    Appearance -> Themes

but not working. Don't try to delete it otherwise a blank screen will result on evoking WP on browser. There is no way to restore it execept reinstalling WP.

I'm not prepared persuing this problem any further. Thanks again for your help.

satimis

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

You should be able to backup your wordpress directory and database enabling you to restore to a non broken state without reinstalling wordpress from scratch.

Beans

You should be able to backup your wordpress directory and database enabling you to restore to a non broken state without reinstalling wordpress from scratch.
    Thanks for your advice.

My local installed WP is for testing only current. There is no important data stored. I just ran;

$ sudo apt-get install --reinstall wordpress

DONE

I install WP on VM of VirtualBox and clone several VMs. In case the running WP doesn't work. I start another VM and delete the problematic VM.

For website editing, currently I use the online installed WP on Godaddy site for its editing.

I'm prepared to use the local WP creating/editing website and upload the files to Godaddy website after finish. It'll be more convenient to me.

Where is the index page of the website created with WP? I have been googling around for it. I expect doing some minor editing on it and other pages created, using my limited knowledge on html/xhtml/css/php/java scripts etc. learned in the past. Although I haven't used them for sometimes. I trust it won't be too difficult for me to remaster them.

Regards
    satimis

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The page templates are part of the theme. Each theme will use a unique template.

For example I'm using daily-minefield theme, the index.php is located ~/wordpress/wp-content/themes/daily-minefield/.

You can navigate to this content from wordpress admin web dashboard:
    Dashboard > Appearance > editor
    Once you are in the editor section, be sure to select the theme you want to edit from the dropdown at the top right of the page.

Beans

- snip -
    You can navigate to this content from wordpress admin web dashboard:
    Dashboard > Appearance > editor
    Once you are in the editor section, be sure to select the theme you want to edit from the dropdown at the top right of the page.
    Thanks for your advice.

I can find the coding on all added pages but NOT the home page/index page.

On building website with codes such as html/css/php etc. the first page is the html.index or home page. Would it be the theme where I start building website on WP? But it has been edited/modified. If YES, then where can I the find the edited/modified starting theme? Thanks

satimis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12