Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brasero is terrible....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Brasero is terrible....

Many times it is either the burner that has a bad laser diode or dirty lens or poor quality media that causes burn issues. I've used brasero for many years without issue.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans

[QUOTE=robert shearer;12467687]Brasero can be problematical for some and from experience it often relates to the brand and model of burner.

In such instances I have installed and used xfburn and it performs faultlessly.QUOTE]
    That's kind of odd since brasero and xfburn both use libburn backend.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Yep, this thread is beginning to go ... nowhere. So:

Thread moved to Recurring Discussions

This or that is terrible says nothing and generally goes nowhere, as I mentioned at the start. Do some digging; there are plenty of burners out there. As has been stated, could be your optical drive that is the problem.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Bucky Ball; January 24th, 2013 at 05:41 AM.

Beans

@ Bucky Ball:

I respectfully disagree

I've found Brasero to be largely unusable for multiple iso burns for a very long time. That is, if I burn one disc I can't perform another operation w/o either rebooting or logging out and logging back in. That means saving anything I'm working on so it gets to be far too time consuming.

Have I filed a bug report?

No. I searched a bit for an existing bug report some time ago and I didn't find one so I simply started using Xfburn.

Why didn't I bother filing a bug report?

The answer is simple. My plate is full, I can't handle anymore

But back to whether it's appropriate to move this to "recurring" or not; I truly believe you're wrong. Two days is not an appropriate time to assume that someone was only ranting.

If you look at the OP's posting history there is a long gap in between posts so maybe he's just busy

Please move it back to it's original placement ......... it costs nothing to be kind
    Last edited by kansasnoob; January 24th, 2013 at 07:49 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post

I searched a bit for an existing bug report some time ago and I didn't find one so I simply started using Xfburn.
    Kindness has nothing to do with it. I don't like this or that says nothing. Oh, I don't like the way that works or this works (or doesn't) as a default in Xubuntu or any other *buntu. If there is a real problem file a bug report. Brasero works faultlessly for most users. There are a lot of other burners out there. You have found one that works for you.

I will send this thread for further moderation and see what other staff think ...

Back shortly ...

Last edited by Bucky Ball; January 24th, 2013 at 07:53 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky Ball View Post
    Kindness has nothing to do with it. I don't like this or that says nothing. Oh, I don't like the way that works or this works (or doesn't) as a default in Xubuntu or any other *buntu. If there is a real problem file a bug report. Brasero works faultlessly for most users. There are a lot of other burners out there. You have found one that works for you.

I will send this thread for further moderation and see what other staff think ...

Back shortly ...

Cool

I did say "respectfully"

Difference of opinion is to be expected in any community.

Edit: Just thought to add that the everyday casual user should not be expected to file bug reports. They just expect things to work.
    Last edited by kansasnoob; January 24th, 2013 at 08:18 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    ..if I burn one disc I can't perform another operation w/o either rebooting or logging out and logging back in.
    Probably easier to kill the existing process, much quicker than rebooting or logging out/back in

I seem to find that loading Brasero first and then taking the burn image option allows me to burn as many disks as I want. Certainly not satisfactory but <shrug>.

But back to whether it's appropriate to move this to "recurring" or not; I truly believe you're wrong. Two days is not an appropriate time to assume that someone was only ranting.
    Not sure that you have quite got the concept of "Recurring Discussions"

Beans

I find Brasero to be just dandy for burning audio CDs and MP3 CDs, and practically useless for burning video DVDs. What's so hard about allowing the user to drag a VIDEO_TS folder into an empty project window and have it burn as a video DVD? The only way you can do that is to burn it as a data DVD, which is counter-intuitive, to say the least.
    If you can't be bothered writing coherently, I can't be bothered reading your post.

Beans

K3b is one of the best, I really like this burner.

prodigy_ is offline May the Ubuntu Be With You!
    Beans

I use CLI tools to burn (wodim) and verify (md5sum) disks. Works fine for me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast