Thread: Thunderbird: how to restore my e-mails on the mail server?

Beans

Thunderbird: how to restore my e-mails on the mail server?

Hi guys,
    I have a problem with my Thunderbird. Unfortunately, during the configuration process I created a pop3 account. I selected "leave messages on server" but then I FORGOT to deselect "for at most 14 days". Thus, all my e-mails are now saved on my computer. This is actually a problem because I don't have anymore access to them from hotmail.com.
    Do you guys have a solution for this? Is there any possibility to restore my e-mails on my hotmail account? if not, can I move all my e-mails to another mail client and then proceed with the restoring?
    Thank you very much
    Alberto

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Thunderbird: how to restore my e-mails on the mail server?

Find a mail service with IMAP. Then you can connect to it with Thunderbird and simply copy the mails from the local folder to the IMAP folder, which actually resides on the mail server.

I did it for a friend maybe one year ago, so I know that it works. (But I don't remember all the details.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Thunderbird: how to restore my e-mails on the mail server?

Just tried it with my gmail account, right mouse-click on the message and copy or move them to the server. That should work, I even can move messages fron one account to the other.

-Greg