Thread: How's these laptop choices for Ubuntu 12.10?

Beans
    Hidden!

How's these laptop choices for Ubuntu 12.10?

Heyo! Bibili sana ako ng laptop pero iniisip ko pa kung OK mga ito. Walang OS yun bibilhin ko sana.

HP G4-2123TX
    HP G4-2129TX
    Lenovo G480 (with nvidia)

Gusto ko sana as close to out of the box support. If someone has experience or is knowledgeable, please feel free to chime in.

Nagdadalawang isip ako sa mga HP kasi wala akong mahanap ng info on Ubuntu feedback. Sana may makatulong.

Thanks!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: How's these laptop choices for Ubuntu 12.10?

You can check it on ubuntu.friendly.com, hope there's already a reporter on that model.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by kidsodateless View Post
    You can check it on ubuntu.friendly.com, hope there's already a reporter on that model.
    Thanks for the response, but I didn't find anything on the Ubuntu certification and friendly sites, so I was hoping guys here can answer. I saw that a few guys had successes in other models of HP, so I went ahead and bought the 2123TX. Coming this Saturday. Sana hindi ako nagkamali!

Beans
    Hidden!

Okay yun support ng 12.10 for HP G4-2123TX. Out of the box, almost everything works just fine. Only problem is the fglrx install which just DOESN'T WORK. Sayang. Stuck with open source radeon drivers.