Thread: lxde theme help

Beans

lxde theme help

I am having a little trouble with the lxde theme. Everything about it is great, but I want the close maximize minimize buttons on the left side of the window. I am running Ubuntu 12.04. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Beans

Re: lxde theme help

Quote Originally Posted by mhaggard View Post
    I am having a little trouble with the lxde theme. Everything about it is great, but I want the close maximize minimize buttons on the left side of the window. I am running Ubuntu 12.04. Any help would be appreciated.
    You mention lxde. But what did you install in order to get the "lxde theme"? I'm running Lubuntu 12.10 which uses lxde. But it has a bunch of goodies include "Customize Look and Feel". As the image show, you can alter the order of items in the title bar. NLIMC would have the buttons on the right whereas IMCNL moves them to the left.

(Note that there will some programs that may not oblige. Chrome/Chromium may be in this category.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Yea I saw that on some other posts, but my customization menu doesn't have that option...:/

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mhaggard View Post
    Yea I saw that on some other posts, but my customization menu doesn't have that option...:/
    Put up an image so people can see what you have.

Beans

Have you also installed Openbox? What I posted I think comes with Openbox (part of a standard Lubuntu installation). What you want to change is handled by the window manager. In the case of Lubuntu, that's Openbox.

Beans

Here it is...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Nevermind, I found a new way and I'll share:

right click the desktop and click desktop preferences.

go to the advanced tab and check the box that says: "show menus provided by window managers when desktop is clicked"

click close and right click the desktop again (this should give you a different menu)

choose window management settings and in the appearance tab you can rearrange the order of the buttons.

Thanks for all your help! This is a great community with lots of support and I'm glad to be a part of it.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Lubuntu Development Release

Incidentally, I believe you can start that application from the menu, the "Openbox configuration" app, but use what works for you.