Thread: Problem with Bluetooth headphones - BTH220 does not show up under output

Hybrid View

Beans

Problem with Bluetooth headphones - BTH220 does not show up under output

Hey everyone,

I just bought a pair of Kinivo headphones, and I installed the bluetooth package in Ubuntu 12.04 server, then went through the steps to pair the headphones. They paired after a few attempts, and they show up as paired under settings and give a mac address.

However, when I go to sound settings, the headphones do not show up, and when I play music no sound comes out. I have searched google and the ubuntu forums, but I haven't been able to find a solution. These headphones are advertised as working with Ubuntu, and no one I've read has declared that they do not work. I also tried PulseAudio, but I could not see the device under that program either.

Does anyone know how to find my headphones?

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by eidlyn; January 20th, 2013 at 11:45 PM.

Beans

Re: Problem with Bluetooth headphones - BTH220 does not show up under output

ubuntu 12.10

Sound Settings -> Hardware -> BTH220

in the profile "High Fidelity Playback (A2DP)"
    instead of "Telephony duplex"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Problem with Bluetooth headphones - BTH220 does not show up under output

I have the BTH220 headset working for listenning, but the microphone does not work in the configuration above. I would like to have both the headphone and microphone working for skype calling. Any suggestions ?