Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can't connect wirelessly, but it says I am?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Re: Can't connect wirelessly, but it says I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops_ View Post
    @ozhank: I tried that myself and it didn't really do anything
    Just curious, were you able to get your Ubuntu up and running? My PC is basically a paperweight now (I'm writing this from another PC).
    Oh you'll get yours, Microsoft.

Beans

@ YMS_1975,
    Please always use 'Code' tags to put your output codes in a 'code' box.
    It preserves its formatting and makes the post more readable.

I have edited all your previous posts in this thread to put the codes in code box. To see an example of how to do it yourself next time, please follow the 'Code tags example' link in my signature. It is really easy and good for your posts

Onto your problem-

As you are already getting help from chilli555, I really can't offer any better help.

However, just to see a detailed report on current status of wireless, please follow the 'Wireless Script' link in my signature and post back its result as suggested in the linked page.

As per outputs in post #26 -
    Quote Originally Posted by YMS_1975 View Post
    Code:
    yousaf@yousaf-Studio-540:~$ sudo iwlist eth1 scan 
    [sudo] password for yousaf: 
    eth1      No scan results
    .. it seems that either you are too far away from the access point, or there are no wireless networks in the range at all!

So please make sure there is an active wireless network within the range, and it is strong enough where you are while running the wireless script.

@ Cyclops_,
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops_ View Post
    I actually have the same problem. Only it just started today after an update yesterday.
    Wireless problems are often very subjective and their cause as well as solutions may be very different for different people, although the symptoms may look the same.

As such, unless you are absolutely sure that yours is the same card, same driver and same issue, you should start a new thread of your own.
    Varun
    Help others by marking threads as [SOLVED], if they are. (See how)
    Wireless Script | Use Code Tags

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.10 Yakkety Yak

Quote Originally Posted by varunendra View Post
    @ YMS_1975,
    Please always use 'Code' tags to put your output codes in a 'code' box.
    It preserves its formatting and makes the post more readable.

I have edited all your previous posts in this thread to put the codes in code box. To see an example of how to do it yourself next time, please follow the 'Code tags example' link in my signature. It is really easy and good for your posts

Onto your problem-

As you are already getting help from chilli555, I really can't offer any better help.

However, just to see a detailed report on current status of wireless, please follow the 'Wireless Script' link in my signature and post back its result as suggested in the linked page.

As per outputs in post #26 -

.. it seems that either you are too far away from the access point, or there are no wireless networks in the range at all!

So please make sure there is an active wireless network within the range, and it is strong enough where you are while running the wireless script.

@ Cyclops_,

Wireless problems are often very subjective and their cause as well as solutions may be very different for different people, although the symptoms may look the same.

As such, unless you are absolutely sure that yours is the same card, same driver and same issue, you should start a new thread of your own.
    When you say "there are no wireless networks in the range at all!" that's what I'm having trouble understanding because my phone (PDA) connects to the same wireless network from the exact same spot as the desktop that won't connect.

Anyways.....I think I'll have to go with plan B for now.
    Oh you'll get yours, Microsoft.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234