View Poll Results: Do you want the folks at http://evernote.com to release a Linux Client?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • I want an Evernote Client for Linux!

27 60.00%
  • I don't care.

2 4.44%
  • I don't use Evernote.

8 17.78%
  • What is Evernote?

5 11.11%
  • Existing Linux options are OK--nixnote, nevernote, everpad.

3 6.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll for a REAL Evernote Client in Linux

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Lightbulb Poll for a REAL Evernote Client in Linux

I use Evernote, and I like it. It works well on my Android phone and the web client is OK, but I want a REAL Evernote Client in Linux. Who is with me?

Extensive discussion is here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2102601

But feel free to comment and vote!
    Last edited by tgalati4; January 20th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Poll for a REAL Evernote Client in Linux

I don't use it personally.
    But isn't this the type of thing you're looking for.
    http://www.webupd8.org/2012/12/evern...available.html

edit.... Sorry just noticed it's already included in your poll.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Moved to the Cafe, as this isn't a support thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I recently bought a Nexus 7 and started to use Evernote on that device. I want to be able to access my notes across all devices. My Samsung phone also supports Evernote. As Android is a version of Linux it can't be asking too much of the people at Evernote to give us what we need surely?

Thanks for starting the poll.

Beans

I voted "Existing Linux options are OK--nixnote, nevernote, everpad."
    Surprisingly, besides me, just one person voted the same.

Beans

Everpad is about to send me into a rage fit. It synced my notes one time, and then I edited some notes on the web interface. Even syncing Everpad after that doesn't pull down the new changes. I decided to uninstall Everpad and reinstall it, nothing. I removed .everpad, nothing. This software is insanely unreliable.

Check me off on the "Yes, we absolutely flipping need a real Evernote client" option.

EDIT - Isn't that cute. Restarting my laptop made Everpad begin working. I can't recall a time where a Linux application specifically needed a restart to get going, but meh. It works. I still retain my "we need an Evernote client for Linux" opinion though.

EDIT II - I'm seeing a pattern now. If I delete a note from the Evernote web interface, it won't sync down to my Linux machine as that note being deleted. So when I just cleaned up my notes online and consolidated them from 50 notes to 15 notes, Everpad still had 50 notes. Is this clearly odd behavior for some reason expected?

EDIT III - It seems as if some notes I create locally and then sync never show up on the web interface of Evernote. Yeah, we definitely need a real Evernote client...
    Last edited by Roasted; February 26th, 2013 at 05:57 PM.

Beans

Would kill to have this somehow tied to the xfcr notes plugin. That would be so awesome
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Thanks to all for your comments, experiences, and recommendations. When this poll closes in a few weeks, I will forward the link to the evernote folks and see if we can get some developer traction.

The impression that I am getting is that "light" users can get by with the existing options, but more advanced users--with lots of notes and lots of syncing really need a native client that works reliably and quickly. It's like a pen that constantly runs out of ink--frustrating.

Thanks again.
    -------------------------------------
    Oooh Shiny: PopularPages

Unumquodque potest reparantur. Patientia sit virtus.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

In today's mobile society, the ability to retrieve one's data from a variety of sources is of paramount importance.

in my humblest of opinions

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Bashing-om View Post
    In today's mobile society, the ability to retrieve one's data from a variety of sources is of paramount importance.

in my humblest of opinions
    Agreed. I have a nexus 7 and android phone. I like to jot down ideas quickly. Sometimes I think of ways to expand upon the ideal while sitting at my desk. I like how nicely the xfce note app fits into my work flow but it would be nice if I didn't need 2 separate note programs. I tried nevernote a few minutes ago and didn't care for it because the interface wasn't as nice as in browser or on android. Will give everpad a shot shortly. Nevermind everpad seems geared towards unity and ubuntu and i use debian with xfce. Any reccomendations for an evernote client. Or a better app than evernote for simple text notes that integrates well with xfce?
    Last edited by mamamia88; February 26th, 2013 at 10:36 PM.
    Whoever came up with the phrase "There is no such thing as a stupid question" obviously never had the internet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast