Thread: WinTV HVR 900H how to use?

Beans

WinTV HVR 900H how to use?

Dear Ubuntu Community,

I have two problems:

1. The linuxtv.org website is an absolute chaos to me

2. hence, I am unable to install or use my WinTV HVR 900H DVB-T tuner stick, by Hauppauge on my Laptop, running Ubuntu 12.04.

If anyone could either show me the directions to a guide, which is probably provided on the linuxtv.org site, or guide me through the installation process him/herself, I would be most grateful.

Yours Sincerely,

Daniel

PS: This is my first post, so please be patient with me

Beans

Re: WinTV HVR 900H how to use?

2. hence, I am unable to install or use my WinTV HVR 900H DVB-T tuner stick, by Hauppauge on my Laptop, running Ubuntu 12.04.

I've had mine for a few years now - and never had it going under Linux (which, given that I ONLY run Linux, makes it a point piece of plastic).

If you check:
    http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB-T_USB_Devices

You'll find that it appears to be fully supported. However, so far, in my latest attempt, I've only managed to get the analogue bit working (which, given that the analogue service is being shut down in about a month's time, is next to useless to me) with no sound. I think I'm missing a /dev file - so I've got video0 which appears to be the analogue bit.

If you've had any luck since you posted this, I'd love to hear about it... or from anyone else who has managed to get the WinTV HVR-900H working (2040:6600 )