Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Customizing existing icons

Beans

Re: Customizing existing icons

Quote Originally Posted by jrogge View Post
    I'm not trying to change the panel icons, though. I'm trying to change the image that pious up when I change the volume or screen brightness through fn keys.
    If what was mentioned in previous post proves unfruitful then for a Gs session you may want to take a look in /usr/share/icons/gnome/scalable/status

*though at least here on a more recent Gs both the panel & respective notification are using the same icon(s)

Beans

Ubuntu-mono-dark doesn't have a scalable folder in status, so I created one put notification-audio-volume-high.svg in it, relogged, and it still didn't work. Do I need to have the full icon set, like for low, medum, and muted as well?

Beans

The only thing bothering me was this:
    http://i.imgur.com/OaJYndv.png
    which I can just deal with, since it seems nothing is working.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by jrogge View Post
    Ubuntu-mono-dark doesn't have a scalable folder in status, so I created one put notification-audio-volume-high.svg in it, relogged, and it still didn't work. Do I need to have the full icon set, like for low, medum, and muted as well?
    JUst having one icon with correct name, size & location should be enough, at least you'd be able to confirm that the name is correct and then add the other icons.

When you created the "scalable"-directory, did you add it to the index.theme file?

Beans

No, I had not. To do that, I just add "status/scalable" to the variable directories?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123