Thread: broadcom BRCMFMAC usb. 12.10

Beans

broadcom BRCMFMAC usb. 12.10

Hi all, I have been searching for a way to get my wireless adapter working with no major result. What I have come up with is that it requires the BRCMFMAC driver which according to this site http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/brcm80211requires additional packages.

At the moment the system does not even acknowledge the presence of the usb device. THe USb adapter is a NetComm NP920 using a BCM43236 chip.

I have found no reference to a repo carrying this driver. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Nick
    Last edited by nickjhs; January 4th, 2013 at 09:26 AM.

Beans

Re: broadcom BRCMFMAC usb. 12.10

*bump, please does anyone no how to solve this

Beans

See linux and broadcom just do not mix. Most people seem to avoid all network issues related to broadcom. Since this is a usb wireless adapter why not just run out and pick up a dlink usb adapter as that will be much less of a hassle than trying to get this working.

If this network adapter was an internal one I would try to help you relentlessly, (I have done so in the past) Even if you did get it working it wouldn't work well. Broadcom doesn't like open source. I am not trying to shut you down I just think you will have a much better time with a different adapter.

Beans

Thanks that is exactly what I have done.