Thread: Tracker make error

Hybrid View

Beans

Tracker make error

Hi

Continuing on my quixotic adventure to continue to use Lucid 10.04.4, I'm trying to build the latest Rygel - rygel-0.16.4

I've built most of the dependencies but am stuck on Tracker - tracker-0.14.4/ tracker-0.15.0.

The configure command for building Tracker works fine (attached the config.log) but when I run make I get an error:

Code:
    make[3]: Entering directory `/home/user/rygel/src/tracker-0.14.4/data/gschemas'
      GEN    org.freedesktop.Tracker.gschema.valid
    org.freedesktop.Tracker.enums.xml: Error on line 6 char 47: value='@valuenum@' already specified.  --strict was specified; exiting.
    make[3]: *** [org.freedesktop.Tracker.gschema.valid] Error 1
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/rygel/src/tracker-0.14.4/data/gschemas'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/rygel/src/tracker-0.14.4/data'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/rygel/src/tracker-0.14.4'
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    Any help will be much appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Intel C2D E7200 || Intel DG33FB mobo || 4 GB RAM || 64 bit Lucid/ Precise Desktops || WD Caviar Black 1TB, Green 2TB; Corsair Force 3 60GB
    Dell U2412M || Palit Sonic GT 240 (OC'd NVidia card) || Logitech Quickcam Connect || Acer 3300U Scanner

Beans

Re: Tracker make error

Some progress:

The file causing the error i.e. org.freedesktop.Tracker.enums.xml which is being created in the make process doesn't have the appropriate values, for e.g.

Code:
        <value nick='errors' value='@valuenum@'/>
    After seeing that this file is generated by glib-mkenums, I ran thru the make files till I figured out that make is using the default Lucid version of glib-mkenums (glib-mkenums version glib-2.24.1) instead of the latest one I built as a dependency for rygel (glib-mkenums version glib-2.31.22).

So I just added my custom build/bin directory to the PATH by doing:

Code:
    export PATH=/home/user/rygel/build/bin:$PATH
    And then cleaned out the tracker-0.14.4 folder, recreated, ran configure (no errors, same as before) and make.

Now make creates the org.freedesktop.Tracker.enums.xml file correctly, e.g.

Code:
        <value nick='errors' value='0'/>
    BUT, now I have a new error from make:

Code:
    Making all in libtracker-common
    make[3]: Entering directory `/home/user/rygel/src/tracker-0.14.4/src/libtracker-common'
    make  all-am
    make[4]: Entering directory `/home/user/rygel/src/tracker-0.14.4/src/libtracker-common'
      CC     tracker-sched.lo
    tracker-sched.c: In function 'tracker_sched_idle':
    tracker-sched.c:49: error: 'SCHED_IDLE' undeclared (first use in this function)
    tracker-sched.c:49: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    tracker-sched.c:49: error: for each function it appears in.)
    make[4]: *** [tracker-sched.lo] Error 1
    make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/user/rygel/src/tracker-0.14.4/src/libtracker-common'
    make[3]: *** [all] Error 2
    make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/rygel/src/tracker-0.14.4/src/libtracker-common'
    make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    Any help appreciated!
    Intel C2D E7200 || Intel DG33FB mobo || 4 GB RAM || 64 bit Lucid/ Precise Desktops || WD Caviar Black 1TB, Green 2TB; Corsair Force 3 60GB
    Dell U2412M || Palit Sonic GT 240 (OC'd NVidia card) || Logitech Quickcam Connect || Acer 3300U Scanner

Beans

Re: Tracker make error

Well let me just finish my conversation with myself

It turns out that the <sched.h> include file in default Ubuntu 10.04 desktop edition doesn't contain the 'SCHED_IDLE' definition.

From what I can see from the online manpages (http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/....h.7posix.html) it isn't in Precise either so this may be a bug, though I could be wrong.

Anyway, not wanting to mess around with kernel scheduling I changed the code in tracker-sched.c to replace SCHED_IDLE with SCHED_OTHER and make completed succesfully.

Following this I was able to build Rygel succesfully and run it, at which point it produced a few errors/ warnings as per below, but was able to access it from VLC running on a Windows laptop (wirelessly) and it is streaming videos fine. Of course no transcoding involved here, next up need to try with an iPad (which will need transcoding for most videos)..

Code:
    user@UbuntuD64Lucid:~/rygel/build/bin$ ./rygel
    (rygel:752): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Read-only property 'read-only-view' on class 'GeeAbstractList' has type 'GeeCollection' which is not equal to or more restrictive than the type 'GeeList' of the property on the interface 'GeeList'
    (rygel:752): GLib-GObject-CRITICAL **: Read-only property 'read-only-view' on class 'GeeAbstractSet' has type 'GeeCollection' which is not equal to or more restrictive than the type 'GeeSet' of the property on the interface 'GeeSet'
    ** (rygel:752): WARNING **: GSSDPClient:main-context is deprecated. Please use g_main_context_push_thread_default()
    ** (rygel:752): WARNING **: GSSDPClient:main-context is deprecated. Please use g_main_context_push_thread_default()
    Rygel-Message: New plugin 'Playbin' available
    MPRIS-Message: rygel-mpris-plugin-factory.vala:33: Module 'MPRIS' disabled by user, igoring…
    External-Message: rygel-external-plugin-factory.vala:33: Module 'External' disabled by user, igoring…
    Rygel-Message: New plugin 'MediaExport' available
    (rygel:752): Rygel-Tracker-WARNING **: Failed to start Tracker service: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name org.freedesktop.Tracker1 was not provided by any .service files. Plugin disabled.
    Rygel-Message: rygel-thumbnailer.vala:131: No D-Bus thumbnailer available
    MediaExport-Message: 'file:///home/user/Music' harvested
    MediaExport-Message: 'file:///home/user/Videos' harvested
    MediaExport-Message: 'file:///home/user/Pictures' harvested