Thread: USB install of lucid broke, second time with same error

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

USB install of lucid broke, second time with same error

Ok. I have a friend with a tiny dell netbook. the ssd has burned out, so I installed ubuntu to a 8 gig flash stick to serve as a hard-drive for him. All was fine and dandy forever, until he lost the original stick. No biggie, he got a new stick, I made a new one for him. It ended up refusing to boot with a certain error, described here. As [strikethrough=0]I had no idea how to fix this particular error and[/strikethrough] [EDIT: I managed to fix it with the debugfs commands on the second page of the thread] he only used it to surf the net, I just wiped it and re-installed. Some time later it failed with the exact same error.

What is going on here, and how do I prevent it? I can follow instructions and am comfortable with command-line and graphical programs. [EDIT: Still want to understand why this could happen]
    Last edited by ntzrmtthihu777; January 18th, 2013 at 03:02 AM.
    Technomancy
    The old ways are not the only ways. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner. Holographic daemons and invocations of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things