Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is DHCP installed by default in ver. 12.04 LTS?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Is DHCP installed by default in ver. 12.04 LTS?

OK, so now that I'm not running in circles like a chicken with it's head cut off thinking I've got an IP conflict like Arabs & Jews, I have tv signal/sound in the HD HomeRun Config Gui. That can scan for tv on tuner-1 and using VLC plays tv/sound.

But where do I go from there? I have tried & re-tried to set up myth. When I create a capture card it has the 101A799A as the "device" (technically it's 101A799A-0 or -1), then it's off to tell it to use the antenna. But on channel scan, it balks, says it cannot find any and I'm stuck.

So, if you can point to a working how-to, I'ld be obliged. I looked at the MythTV Wiki, but (incredibly) it's often out-of-date. So the ideas there aren't working.
    AMD Athlon II X4 620, 4gig ddr2-800, m/b MSI K9N6PGM2, 1T SATA, EVGA 9500GT, Brother MFC-240C prntr, LG DVD-rom GSA-H55N

Beans

Once you have your capture cards defined, the next step is to define a Video Source. Then you need to define an Input Connection that links the Capture Device (card) to your Video Source

Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Cool Re: Is DHCP installed by default in ver. 12.04 LTS?

Quote Originally Posted by steeldriver View Post
    Hi Slim, I agree that's usually the case but it should not be necessary for the HDHomeRun devices - see here --> http://www.silicondust.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4088

I have confirmed that mine works just fine with a regular (non crossover) cable (although mine is a different - possible newer - version, the auto-MDX feature is supposedly there from 2007)
    Thanks for the info.
    I did not realize that the HD HomeRun was that fancy.
    24 beers in a case, 24 hours in a day. Coincidence? I think not!

Trusty Tahr 64 bit, AMD Phenom II 955 Quad Core 3.2GHz, GeForce 9600 GT
    16G PC2-6400 RAM, 128 GB SSD, Twin 1TB SATA 7200 RPM RAID0

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

1st - Thank you, steeldriver and chili555 (even though it is spelled chile).

2nd - This is not a case of "it just works". Maybe that is expecting too much, give the complexities but I have taken the time of four or five human beings. That is a lot of man hours on my part too. I'm not saying Windows/uSoft is better. It isn't.

3rd - I not marking this thread as solved, because the complexities are just too much to say: "This is the easy way to do this." There isn't one.

4th - After MythTV was setup, recording and I could watch television, the sound was a little too loud. So I opened the Audio Mixer applet. Tried to adjust the sound, added the "Headphones" and now I have no sound in VLC, MythTV, etc.

5th - I'm posting the no sound question in another post.

Again, thank you everyone who contributed.
    AMD Athlon II X4 620, 4gig ddr2-800, m/b MSI K9N6PGM2, 1T SATA, EVGA 9500GT, Brother MFC-240C prntr, LG DVD-rom GSA-H55N

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

and chili555 (even though it is spelled chile).
    Or chili: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_pepper
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Ph.D.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Yes, but as the Spanish first "heard the word" from the nativie Peruvians or Mexicans, and as the Peruvians called it aji. And as the Spanish too stupid and proud to learn the natives language, they corrupted it into chile and as they are the first Europeans to put the word into print, I'm sticking with the original spelling.

I think the English/Americans/Texans heard the chile and not likeing the language of the natives, changed the spelling due to their "intellectual" superiority.

That's my 2 cents.

thank you again for your kind support.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345