Thread: Hardline access

Beans

Hardline access

Hi ...

I'm relatively new to the Linux community, and I apologize if this is something I should already know, but I do not yet.

I need to access a Kindle Fire D01400 tablet that is in demonstration mode (as you would find on a store shelf). My sister bought this on Ebay, and it came from a reliable source with the original box from Amazon, so it's legal and all, but inconvenient.

* Is there a command in the Linux Terminal that I can use to force access to the root / shell of the Kindle? I have it connected through USB, but it seems invisible in the GUI interface of the home folder. I just need to know if there is a simple command to SEE what's there ... I would like to do the work from there on my own as much as I can. I learn better that way.

If there is not a specific command, is there a linux package I can download that will allow me to force access through a hard line? I have always heard, if you have physical access you have root access ... Seems like there would be a function to ping a USB port to obtain a directory listing or something ... just need to know how

Edit: forgot to include the comp info ...
    HP Pavillion
    Intel Core 2 duo T-6400 2.00Ghz x 2
    4 Gb Ram
    Ubuntu 12.4.1
    Last edited by DracoMaille; January 17th, 2013 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Adding computer info