Thread: Location of RAM in 2012 Gazelle Professional

Beans

Location of RAM in 2012 Gazelle Professional

I recently ran memtest to find that i had some bad ram. I opened up the back, which looks like this.

I only found two 4 gig ram sticks in the upper back panel. There are still two more stuck in there. I ran memtest again with only the 2 hidden sticks and it looks like one of those is bad. But the way it is constructed, it is quite difficult to see where to look for the other two sticks. Does anyone know where the ram would be located? Are there manuals for this sort of thing?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Location of RAM in 2012 Gazelle Professional

its probably soldered on the motherboard

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Location of RAM in 2012 Gazelle Professional

Quote Originally Posted by pgurugp View Post
    I recently ran memtest to find that i had some bad ram. I opened up the back, which looks like this.

I only found two 4 gig ram sticks in the upper back panel. There are still two more stuck in there. I ran memtest again with only the 2 hidden sticks and it looks like one of those is bad. But the way it is constructed, it is quite difficult to see where to look for the other two sticks. Does anyone know where the ram would be located? Are there manuals for this sort of thing?
    They aren't soldered on (nothing on our systems is). The additional RAM slots are located under the keyboard. You'll need to gently pry the speaker grill off of the front first, then there are five screws you remove to remove the keyboard.
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!