Thread: WordPress in UbuntuSever 10.04

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Question WordPress in UbuntuSever 10.04

Hey guys,

I just put wordpress on my ubuntu sever couple of days ago and am still researching on how to exactly use this program. I am proficient in HTML/CSS but am just looking for some guidance from people who have experience about this subject. I am just trying to create a simple blog site to update time to time about my life, random facts, ect... and would like to know some cool tricks that anyone might have

Beans

Re: WordPress in UbuntuSever 10.04

1) Choose a theme. I use the simple "mon-cahier" theme at http://politicsbythenumbers.org/. You might want something a bit flashier.

2) Write posts.

If you know CSS, you can futz with the stylesheet in wp-content/themes/[your_theme_name]/style.css.
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro

Exclamation Re: WordPress in UbuntuSever 10.04

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    1) Choose a theme. I use the simple "mon-cahier" theme at http://politicsbythenumbers.org/. You might want something a bit flashier.

2) Write posts.

If you know CSS, you can futz with the stylesheet in wp-content/themes/[your_theme_name]/style.css.

thanks man, but for some reason i can no longer edit my wordpress. see attached.

not sure why when I enter in my ipaddress in browser i dont get wordpress log in
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Re: WordPress in UbuntuSever 10.04

Last edited by BStrizzy; January 17th, 2013 at 09:36 PM.