Thread: Getting my Crossover back after wiped HD

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Angry Getting my Crossover back after wiped HD

Hi
    A while ago there was a special offer from Crossover where you could get it for free. Source:
    http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2012/10/r...for-today-only

So I got it, but later had a problem with the hard drive and didn't retrieve the .deb or anything. Is there any way to download it again from their website?
    check out KDE Neon
    Dell Inspiron 5625, AMD Ryzen 7 5825U

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Getting my Crossover back after wiped HD

It is in the software center too... install and then add your registration info.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    It is in the software center too... install and then add your registration info.

That's to easy.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    That's to easy.
    Well I see the source code to the wine components that Crossover uses are available... so I guess it could be possible to pre-compile and install them before doing what post two suggest

Beans

Go to the Crossover website and login with your username and password and go to the My Downloads link, you'll be able to download the deb file again.

If you hadn't gotten as far as registering, try creating an account using the email address that you used to register for the free giveaway. Your entitlement should be tied to the email address.

Failing that, try posting in the Crossover forums, having followed them for a few weeks, the team there seem to be very switched on to their customers.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by mips View Post
    That's to easy.
    You don't need to be that sarcastic

My problem is that I didn't get it through USC but off the Codeweavers website on the day of their free offer.
    I think I must have signed up with a typo in my email address though, I can't login or get my password sent to any of my addresses
    check out KDE Neon
    Dell Inspiron 5625, AMD Ryzen 7 5825U

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34 View Post
    You don't need to be that sarcastic

My problem is that I didn't get it through USC but off the Codeweavers website on the day of their free offer.
    I think I must have signed up with a typo in my email address though, I can't login or get my password sent to any of my addresses
    Was a joke but looks like I was right anyway.

Do you have any emails from codeweavers? The mail with the free offer had a heading of "Flock The Vote 2012: Your FREE CrossOver Awaits!" which I received on 2-Nov-2012. It contained a unique link for your download.

Do you know if the license is transferable & where to find it? If it is then you can have mine.

Maybe send a mail off to codeweavers asking them to help, tell them you have an account but can't find it, give them your names & email addresses you might have used, the unique link they sent you and maybe they can look for it.
    Last edited by mips; January 19th, 2013 at 06:29 PM.