Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Social Media Integration - Oh how you plague me!

Beans

Re: Social Media Integration - Oh how you plague me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    But honestly OSX 10.8 is wonderful and you should really check it out.
    Alas, I believe that OSX has gone steadily downhill since Snow Leopard (10.6). I tried Lion but ended up uninstalling it. When 10.8 came out I decided to give that a go but decided to dual boot my machine at the same time as doing a clean install. I find 10.8 and improvement on Lion but I find myself using Ubuntu more and more frequently. I also get quite tired of Apple increasingly trying to lock things down, though I understand that for most people this is less of an issue.

Since Ubuntu really does seem to be usable as a desktop, so I'm thinking that this could be the future for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I am confused by this thread.

I have accounts in almost all social media services. None of them are integrated in any OS I use.

Are there OS's making us do this now?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by smellyman View Post
    I have accounts in almost all social media services. None of them are integrated in any OS I use.
    Do you use a recent version of Ubuntu?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Fet600 View Post
    Alas, I believe that OSX has gone steadily downhill since Snow Leopard (10.6). I tried Lion but ended up uninstalling it. When 10.8 came out I decided to give that a go but decided to dual boot my machine at the same time as doing a clean install. I find 10.8 and improvement on Lion but I find myself using Ubuntu more and more frequently. I also get quite tired of Apple increasingly trying to lock things down, though I understand that for most people this is less of an issue.

Since Ubuntu really does seem to be usable as a desktop, so I'm thinking that this could be the future for me.
    I find there are still many options allowing your to customize your desktop in OSX. You just have to use the command line to do this. But if you had been using GNOME for the past 10 years you will have noticed they have been taking a similar approach and honestly even more extreme measures to simplify the desktop environment more so then apple. GNOME devs would take a awesome XBox or Play Station controller and when they got done hand you a Atari controller with a stick and one button. Feel lucky they left the stick... GNOME used to have almost as many configuration options as KDE, "almost" but over the years have removed things over and over claiming they are making the DE easier to use. So you will notice its not just apple doing this. Apple has actually been doing this the least..
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123