ok. I figured it out. I know ive had this issue before when all the settings were actually correct but this time, as my luck would have it, the username wasnt right in the credentials file. I recently changed my account name on my windows 7 machine (the machine to which the network share is actually hardwired) from "admin" to "cory" and I thought that new name was my account name but it looks like my windows account name is still admin. So I put "admin" in the credentials file, ran
and it mounted. Like I said, this is the sort of luck Ive been having lately.
sudo mount -ocredentials=/root/.cifcredentials -t cifs //10.0.1.10/media /media/plex
Thanks everyone for your help.