Thread: Please disable account

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Please disable account

Hello,

I have become uncomfortable with the fact that my username contains my real name. I would like to request that this account (tmleigh) be disabled, and I will create a new account with a new username. Thank you in advance.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Please disable account

If you give us a few alternatives we can change the username, this being one of the reasons we will change it for.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping for "Losgann", as that's a name I use in other forums, but when I was looking at creating a new account, it told me the name was unavailable, which I thought was a bit odd given that it's a Gaelic word and there usually aren't other Gaelic speakers around Linux forums! "Losgann" would be my first choice, anyway; if it's not possible, then if spaces are allowed, "Losgann Mor" otherwise "LosgannMor". Will any of those work?

Thanks for the help.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Well - this is an international forum with a very large userbase. I'm not surprised that there are a few Gaelic speakers among us!

Anyway, spaces are fine and Losgann Mor you now are.

Good luck!
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Just to add... Losgann as a username was already taken.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro

Thank you for the quick responses and the help. Much appreciated!