Thread: Panel Confusion

Beans

Panel Confusion

I just installed clean ubuntustudio 12.04LTS 64bit ; I included all desktop environments to be able to try all and decide which I prefer.

When I log in I am presented with 4 panels with launchers and indicators etc. Two, Panel 1 and Panel 2 I can edit the properties of. The other two, one at top of screen and the second at the bottom I appear to have no immediate control over other than deleting icons, adding icons by drag and drop. There is no right click function enable, disable or modify these two panels/taskbars. They are light grey and smaller fonts are were pre filled with launchers and date time indicators etc.

How do I get control of these two to get rid of them or modify them for practical use; they appear to contain same info and launchers as Panel1 and Panel2 anyway

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Panel Confusion

Could you include a screen shot? I don't understand which environment you are using and what it looks like.

Beans

i'll try
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

I am using xfce and/or xfce4 but the two grey taskbars are their for all desktops including kde and Gnome flavors can't get rid of them

Beans

ubuntu desktop just brings up wallpaper and nothing else

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hmm weird, my Ubuntu Studio installation looks nothing like that and it's pretty stock installation. Not much help here, I'm afraid.