Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Have You Noticed?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Have You Noticed?

today's daily build has a clean boot for me,no more 0s or hex file as i call it
    also my system boots from press ON to a full desktop in 38:53 seconds.that's amazing for me
    my machine is average nowadays.
    ubu rocks my world
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.png (51.5 KB, 121 views)
    • File Type: png 2.png (48.2 KB, 117 views)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Have You Noticed?

New unity lenses icons and new features/settings in Appearance>Behaviour.

http://youtu.be/Sl2W69BELFE

With systemd on Fedora and Arch Linux, it has tool like systemd-analyze command line to measure boot performance but what about upstart? I know we have bootchart...
    Last edited by serdotlinecho; January 14th, 2013 at 04:57 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs down Re: Have You Noticed?

The only thing new that I noticed in the Installer itself (when you press enter on Boot Up and skip the CD from Loading First, in other words: Go Straight to the Installation), the Following Occurs: There is a Completely Dark Screen in back of the Install Screen (this has been Occurring since 1-14-2013 folks, try it out).
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kevpan815 View Post
    The only thing new that I noticed in the Installer itself (when you press enter on Boot Up and skip the CD from Loading First, in other words: Go Straight to the Installation), the Following Occurs: There is a Completely Dark Screen in back of the Install Screen (this has been Occurring since 1-14-2013 folks, try it out).
    I did a fresh install of Ubuntu, this afternoon, I had a dark background during the install process too.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the way Raring is progressing, my Atom N270 powered netbook, is running quite acceptably, and a few of the enhancements, resizable launcher icons, smaller than 32px, and graphics performance have made using this system quite enjoyable again.

Beans
    Distro

Cariboo907, I keep getting Blocked while using TOR Proxy for Windows when Logging into this Forum. Is using Tor against the Rules?
    2013 Dell Inspiron 15 3521 Laptop, 2010 Dell Inspiron 1012 Mini Net Book, 2010 Dell Inspiron Zino HD 400, Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4, and Apple IPad Mini WIFI Only.

Beans
    Distro

Thumbs down Re: Have You Noticed?

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo907 View Post
    I did a fresh install of Ubuntu, this afternoon, I had a dark background during the install process too.

Overall, I'm quite happy with the way Raring is progressing, my Atom N270 powered netbook, is running quite acceptably, and a few of the enhancements, resizable launcher icons, smaller than 32px, and graphics performance have made using this system quite enjoyable again.
    I don't know if this has anything to do with the Dark Background or not, but I should mention that my Net Book only has a 10 inch screen (It was purchased in 2010 when computers with 13 and 15 inch screens were still very expensive, I plan to upgrade as soon as I possibly can, but with my recent exiting Verizon's iphone 5, and signing up for Sprint's iphone 5, it will have to wait for now).

By the way, I should mention that I have an Intel Atom N450 Processor (Dual Core) running at 1.66 Gigahertz, with an Intel NM10/ICH7 Chip Set, and an Intel 3150 Graphics Card. Although I am currently using i386 (so that Avast for Linux will still work with a little bit of Command Line Modifications), this PC does Support AMD64 as well.
    Last edited by kevpan815; January 19th, 2013 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Additional Info.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kevpan815 View Post
    Cariboo907, I keep getting Blocked while using TOR Proxy for Windows when Logging into this Forum. Is using Tor against the Rules?
    It could be that the exit node you are using has also been used by spammers, so we blocked that particular ip address. I've never used TOR, but I'd suggest if it's possible to try another exit node, that you do that.

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: Have You Noticed?

Ok, Thanks for the answer.

Beans
    Distro

Unity greeter Ubuntu 13.04...Yeah

Beans

If I get time tomorrow, I will try another install of 13.04. My current 13.04 is basically unusable.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast