Thread: Partition Mounting at start up

Beans

Partition Mounting at start up

Hello, I need help to mount my three partitions at start up.
    I added"/usr/bin/udisks --mount /dev/disk/by-uuid/0AD475D7D475C58B" this command in the start up applications list. It did work for one partition. But when I added a second partition"/usr/bin/udisks --mount /dev/disk/by-uuid/BA6CF9D66CF98D7F" and restarted, the first one disappeared from the start up list and only the second one mounted.

Then I modified the command to include all three partitions in one command"/usr/bin/udisks --mount /dev/disk/by-uuid/0AD475D7D475C58B;/usr/bin/udisks --mount /dev/disk/by-uuid/BA6CF9D66CF98D7F;/usr/bin/udisks --mount /dev/disk/by-uuid/374CC66754A0C28B"
    With this command in the start up list, only the last partition mount.

Any help??

ibjsb4 is offline Ubuntu addict and loving it
    Beans

Beans

Re: Partition Mounting at start up

I have been able to reproduce this error. It's quite odd really. It's not a question of it not running it literally removes the previous udisk startup application.

I tried your idea of having them all in one startup script but used " && " instead of a ";" and it worked. Try the same with yours:

/usr/bin/udisks --mount /dev/disk/by-uuid/0AD475D7D475C58B && /usr/bin/udisks --mount /dev/disk/by-uuid/BA6CF9D66CF98D7F && /usr/bin/udisks --mount /dev/disk/by-uuid/374CC66754A0C28B
    Last edited by Morbius1; January 13th, 2013 at 06:55 PM.

Beans

Re: Partition Mounting at start up

ibjsb4
    I am not very confident about editing fstab file. That is why I chose the 'start up applications'way. I followed the first link you mentioned.

I modified the command as Morbius1 suggested with '&&' instead of ';' But it is not working for me. I tried with and without 'space' before and after '&&'. In both cases only the last mentioned partition mounted.