Thread: Strange quirk in all themes, except for default

Beans

Strange quirk in all themes, except for default

Hi, I'm running 12.10 GNOME remix, but I've noticed that this works in normal Ubuntu as well. Whenever I change my theme to anything but the default, the right-click menus, along with a few other random text items throughout the OS, are surrounded with a rectangle. The rectangle's color varies based on the theme, but it only goes away if I switch back to the default. I 'll post a screenshot of the problem. Hopefully somebody has solved this problem in the past...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Strange quirk in all themes, except for default

I have seen this only when running Gnome 3.4 themes on 3.6 . Many 3.4 themes won't display properly on 3.6 .
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    I have seen this only when running Gnome 3.4 themes on 3.6 . Many 3.4 themes won't display properly on 3.6 .
    Hmm... Makes sense to me. Is there a way to adapt 3.4 themes to 3.6 without having to completely build a theme? This is one of the only dark themes I actually like, but those black bars are getting pretty annoying.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Matt12334 View Post
    Hmm... Makes sense to me. Is there a way to adapt 3.4 themes to 3.6 without having to completely build a theme? This is one of the only dark themes I actually like, but those black bars are getting pretty annoying.
    You would have to have a good idea of what the differences are. I have read Some theme makers are getting frustrated because with every new release of Gnome their work is broken.

Beware if you are using theme PPAS because because I have found some blogs that include 3.4 themes in there 12.10 PPAS. The theme at the link is an example. The author clearly says not to use version 1 it in Gnome 3.6 yet it can be found in 12.10 PPAS. http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...content=155346
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Frogs Hair View Post
    You would have to have a good idea of what the differences are. I have read Some theme makers are getting frustrated because with every new release of Gnome their work is broken.

Beware if you are using theme PPAS because because I have found some blogs that include 3.4 themes in there 12.10 PPAS. The theme at the link is an example. The author clearly says not to use version 1 it in Gnome 3.6 yet it can be found in 12.10 PPAS. http://gnome-look.org/content/show.p...content=155346
    I wasn't aware that themes were that dependent on the GNOME version, I assumed it was mainly dependent on the major releases (2, 3, etc.) for some reason. Oh well, thanks. I'll see if the designer of this theme would be willing to update it...