Thread: Euro Truck Simulator 2 getting Linux port

Beans

Euro Truck Simulator 2 getting Linux port

http://blog.scssoft.com/2013/01/linux-is-close.html

I couldn't imagine a game being a whole lot less exciting than that, but it is a semi-popular game (I used to work at a computer store and I sold a few copies of Euro Truck Simulator every week, it seemed).

Hopefully they have enough success to consider the porting effort worth their time.
    ---------------
    http://the-board.info/

My site. Come visit me.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2 getting Linux port

I contacted with them a few months ago and nice to know that they finished. We needed more rally games, more simulators like ETS!

SCS are without doubt the best in developing trucks simulators and Euro Truck Simulator 2 could be one of the most popular games for our platform currently. I mean the first quarter 2013 this year.
    Yet another blog about Linux Games..- news, ratings, tutorials and competitions

Beans
    Hidden!

Thanks for the info, the game looks really interesting. Will keep an eye on this one for sure.

hakermania is offline Τώρα ξέρεις τι γράφω εδώ!
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Oh god I couldn't believe that a guy asked me to buy it for him (because he doesn't live in an area close to a shop that sells video games).

But yes, it is a reality, this game is being played, to my surprise!

Beans

I am doing an interview with them, keep your eye on www.gamingonlinux.com for the full scoop

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

To each his own I suppose, but all of the "truck simulator," "farm simulator," "flight simulator" games are so BORING. Yeup...I'm driving a truck. Oooh... missed my turn. Guess I'll have to turn around. Wait for the green light. I wonder what's on the radio? When do I get to start killing aliens or pirates or hookers or zombies or something?
    Linux Gamer.
    Steam: rudeboyskunk
    Desura: rudeboyskunk
    Add me as a friend. Kill zombies/aliens/nazis with me. ON LINUX.

Beans

The interview is up, they talk about Linux in it here:
    http://www.gamingonlinux.com/article...mulator-2.1663

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by rudeboyskunk View Post
    To each his own I suppose, but all of the "truck simulator," "farm simulator," "flight simulator" games are so BORING. Yeup...I'm driving a truck. Oooh... missed my turn. Guess I'll have to turn around. Wait for the green light. I wonder what's on the radio? When do I get to start killing aliens or pirates or hookers or zombies or something?
    Everyone has a different taste. Personally, I play games like ETS, ETS2, Wheels Of Steel but I wouldn't work as a truck driver.

Why I liked those games? Hard to say, I think because they make me fun. Besides, it's not just driving, in ETS2 were added more strategic elements like extended finances, advanced skills etc.
    Yet another blog about Linux Games..- news, ratings, tutorials and competitions