Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: wireless problem

Beans

Re: wireless problem

I guess I want to make clear that I am learning this stuff and I am complete newb. it's okay.. I have a accepted that I will seem like a moron so it's okay to mock... So do I need to make that text file or is that beside the point now?

I know it's a broadcom driver that is the problem. and my computer that I am using ( not right now) is a lenovo 3000- n100 (seemed like a good idea at the time) and of like the rest 11 worked perfectly fine.

Beans

Angry Re: wireless problem

As the wireless connection is working on Windows, I was thinking that if I try re-installation of Xubuntu and keep the wireless connection on during the installation.
    It might help - or not. The present system was done with a wired connection only.
    On Xubuntu I cannot see any wireless connections at all now.

Has anybody tried that with any success? Although I think the problem is with
    some drivers and configuration.

Beans

okay. Anything I should be looking for ?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ben222qmz7 View Post
    The present system was done with a wired connection only.
    This is by far the best approach.

Install and apply all updates using wired connection. Verify through a couple of reboots. Only when that works you can (and should) pull the plug, as the wirefree connection might switch itself off when the wired one is present.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

I too am watching this with interest and my level of knowledge/expertise in this is way below that of everyone else.

When time permits I currently browse the forum to see what I can find out about what the results in the terminal mean - uphill struggle, bearing in mind the first sentence above.

Mick

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mörgæs View Post
    This is by far the best approach.

Install and apply all updates using wired connection. Verify through a couple of reboots. Only when that works you can (and should) pull the plug, as the wirefree connection might switch itself off when the wired one is present.
    Yeah but a wireless connection is important. I just dont understand why I cant find the answer. I know someone must have found it yet.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

The thread is getting a mess, so I recommend that you open a new one with an informative title. Please run the commands

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...89&postcount=2

and post the output in CODE tags.
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.

Beans

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234