Thread: Mouse not clicking

Beans

[SOLVED] Mouse not clicking

I just installed 12.04 on an Alienware m14x, I use a Cyborg MMO7 mouse. When the mouse is plugged in I can click on the launcher bar stuff on the left but once a window is open I can't do anything with it. I cant close it or move to other windows without alt tab.

I have tried editing the xorg file thing, but it didn't work. Right now I think its not so much that its a complicated mouse but a general mouse issue but I dont know enough to know for sure.
    Last edited by qwiksilver711; January 17th, 2013 at 01:36 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Mouse not clicking

If you have the R.A.T. 7 then it is an issue with the mouse:

http://delightlylinux.wordpress.com/...7-with-ubuntu/

Beans

I have tried these steps with an edited config due to the fact that an MMO7 has more buttons than a RAT7.
    My theory is there is some button that is reading as pressed on the mouse. If there was some way to record button presses I could edit the xorg config and disable the button

Beans

so this is not ideal, but if i spam the mouse click on login, and then use ctrl alt del to log out, then log back in, it works

Beans

I know you marked the topic as solved but if I may I believe I can shed some light on the situation since I recently went through the same issuse as you with a RAT5 on a Kubuntu install. The reason why you are experiencing these issues is due to the multi-profiles button. The X window system is getting confused.

Editing the xorg file did not work for me either, I have an alternate writeup on my blog if you want to check it out. http://d4rkb0x.com/wordpress

Regards,
    - D4rk0wl

Beans

Thank you! I will try this tomorrow and if it works I'll update an move on to my next issue.

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Mouse not clicking

I have the same problem as you and I can't find a solution..

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: [SOLVED] Mouse not clicking

I wrote some instructions for the RAT7 here

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk0wl View Post
    I know you marked the topic as solved but if I may I believe I can shed some light on the situation since I recently went through the same issuse as you with a RAT5 on a Kubuntu install. The reason why you are experiencing these issues is due to the multi-profiles button. The X window system is getting confused.

Editing the xorg file did not work for me either, I have an alternate writeup on my blog if you want to check it out. http://d4rkb0x.com/wordpress

Regards,
    - D4rk0wl
    Do you know how to do that with the M.M.O.7?