Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picture slideshow for DVD software?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Picture slideshow for DVD software?

Are there any good software tools that one can create slideshows of pictures and/or video (with background sound)?

Preferably one that will put it on DVD format so it will just automatically come up when put in a DVD player (not just some video format so it comes up with a filesystem to select video).

I saw a few tools listed for creating slideshows, but I was having trouble getting details about the features without installing and trying each and every one of them.

Edit: Ooops, sorry I didn't search first. I found a thread about DVD Slideshow. Looking at website now. Any thoughts on this software or others?
    Last edited by KingTermite; June 14th, 2008 at 10:19 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Picture slideshow for DVD software?

kdenlive can do this
    AMD64X2 3800+ 3GB Ram: 11.10
    ACER one T1810 : 11.10 64 bit

TenPlus1 is offline Grande Half-n-Half Cinnamon Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

ManSlide is a good slideshow creator with 3D effects:

http://www.getdeb.net/app/ManSlide

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I was just about to start searching on this exact subject and found your post right at the top. I'd love to hear about what you've found so far and what you think. I'm going to put together some kind of presentation today for guests to play at a wedding reception. I'd like to have both pictures and video. I'm leaning towards a DVD, but decided to look and see what's out there.

Quote Originally Posted by KingTermite View Post
    Are there any good software tools that one can create slideshows of pictures and/or video (with background sound)?

Preferably one that will put it on DVD format so it will just automatically come up when put in a DVD player (not just some video format so it comes up with a filesystem to select video).

I saw a few tools listed for creating slideshows, but I was having trouble getting details about the features without installing and trying each and every one of them.

Edit: Ooops, sorry I didn't search first. I found a thread about DVD Slideshow. Looking at website now. Any thoughts on this software or others?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by WrathofthePenguin View Post
    I was just about to start searching on this exact subject and found your post right at the top. I'd love to hear about what you've found so far and what you think. I'm going to put together some kind of presentation today for guests to play at a wedding reception. I'd like to have both pictures and video. I'm leaning towards a DVD, but decided to look and see what's out there.
    I haven't actually tried any yet, but appreciate the suggestions. I'll be looking in to them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Well, I figured I'd post my experiences so far.

I tried Manslide, which looked great, but unfortunately was less than useable. I could do everything except actually export the video. Nothing was produced and when it asked me if I wanted to see the results, the "results" would flash and then disappear without actually showing me anything. In trying to fix it, I found a review of it where the reviewer was having the same problem. In the comments the developer who made Manslide defended the product and said it was likely a dependency problem and to check the page at kde-apps. Well, the page no longer exists.

I also tried Jslide. After some dependency work (see the README that comes with it) and a copy of the bin directory from the regular to the bytencode version, I was able to make it work. It seemed to work great until I actually reviewed the slideshow. On a short slideshow of 24 pictures it dropped the last two pictures. On longer slideshows it could drop dozens.

Thankfully I found a post which pointed to Open Movie Editor to make slideshows. It's in the add/remove section (didn't check the repositories). I installed it and tried it - while it's a little tricky to work with (no zoom on the timeline, so working with pictures can be challenging) the end result was a great slideshow. Another difficulty is that pictures can only be added one at a time by dragging. VERY time-consuming if you have a couple hundred pictures. Otherwise, it's the only thing I found that would actually produce a complete slideshow.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by WrathofthePenguin View Post
    Well, I figured I'd post my experiences so far.

I tried Manslide, which looked great, but unfortunately was less than useable. I could do everything except actually export the video. Nothing was produced and when it asked me if I wanted to see the results, the "results" would flash and then disappear without actually showing me anything.
    After having seen manslide in this thread i tried is to see what it does. I can confirm the experience except when i export as DV. With DV i get a decent slideshow video.
    AMD64X2 3800+ 3GB Ram: 11.10
    ACER one T1810 : 11.10 64 bit

Beans

I have been using dvdslideshow for over a year now and I am quite happy with it.
    Altough I use the command line I believe there's a GUI for it too.

http://dvd-slideshow.sourceforge.net/wiki/Main_Page

http://dvd-slideshow.sourceforge.net...mplete_Example

Bye.

Beans

Slide-Show Software Adds Life to Still Digital Images
    Put your digital photos to good use and create a slide show for playback on TVs and PCs.

Tom Spring, PCWorld.com

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayday View Post
    I recommend Wondershare DVD Slideshow Builder which is a professional software that can create DVD photo slideshows with

photos, video clips and music and publish MPEG/AVI/WMV/MP4/3GP for YouTube or burn CD/DVDs.

What it attract me is its plenty 2D/3D transitions and Ken-Burns effects.

CD or DVD created by DVD Slideshow Builder can actually play in the DVD player, you can enjoy your own movie on TV.

FlV file download from YouTube can be edit directly with Movie Story.You can not only burn flv to DVD but also edit it and create DVD menu.

Find more from its official website:
    http://www.photo-to-dvd.com/dvd-slideshow-builder.html
    This is windows software.Does it run flawlessly in wine?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast