Thread: ASUS X55C and Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10

Question ASUS X55C and Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10

I've bought new ASUS X55C laptop (LINK), with no OS preinstaled (only DOS). I've installed Win7, since I got in box cd with Win7 drivers, and everything works fine.

Now, I want to install Ubuntu 12.04 (dualboot), and I tried it (from CD, without installation). I noticed that my network isn't worknig (wifi, LAN), keyboard commands doesn't work fine, etc...

I googled for ubuntu drivers, but all I've founded is this LINK. My question is this:

Can anyone tell me is Ubuntu going to work fine (network, keyboard,...) when I install it, although it doesn't work on "Try Ubuntu" mode? I wouldn't like to install OS that wouldn't work.

Sorry for bad english, and thanks in advance.

United States
    Lubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: ASUS X55C and Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10

my advice would be to try dip your foot in the pool by dual-booting. I would also make sure your connected through ethernet before installing and that will save hassle. When I installed on my Asus production machine, it was connected through ethernet and all the drivers worked perfectly.
    Asus G74SX ROG Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM Processor 12GB Memory NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M with 3GB GDDR5 VRAM 1tb Western Digital Hard Drive, 500gb Western Digital Hard Drive, 1.5 tb Western Digital Hard Drive, 2 2TB Western Digital Hard Drives.

Re: ASUS X55C and Ubuntu 12.04 or 12.10

post deleted
    Last edited by mikeaugustine321; August 4th, 2014 at 10:30 PM.