Thread: Ubuntu Live USB boot problems

Beans

Ubuntu Live USB boot problems

Hi. I recently started to use ubuntu and have been trying to create a live usb. I have created a ISO of my current system using remastersys and unetbootin to create the live USB. However it will not boot. I got "error 15". I tryed With a different USB and the start up disc creator insted in but during boot up it said "non system Disk". Then I tryed the default Ubuntu iso 12.04 and live usb creator but during boot got "no default or ui configuration directive found". Can anyone possibly post some advice on how I could actually achieve a bootable version, regards confused ubuntu user...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Ubuntu Live USB boot problems

Quote Originally Posted by JB26 View Post
    Hi. I recently started to use ubuntu and have been trying to create a live usb. I have created a ISO of my current system using remastersys and unetbootin to create the live USB. However it will not boot. I got "error 15". I tryed With a different USB and the start up disc creator insted in but during boot up it said "non system Disk".
    Hi JB26
    Which OS are you using to prepare a live usb ?? Please try creating live usb by first formatting it properly and then using unetbootin (It is available in Ubuntu Software Center). Normally, it doesn't give an error as such.

Quote Originally Posted by JB26 View Post
    Then I tryed the default Ubuntu iso 12.04 and live usb creator but during boot got "no default or ui configuration directive found".
    However, after searching for the above error, I found a link which might prove useful to you
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/30374...irective-found

Regards,
    Abhinav