Thread: Year of mail missing

Beans

Year of mail missing

I'm on a fairly new computer, a System76 desktop with Ubuntu 12.04 installed. I had backed up my email and restored it to this computer and have been working with it for a few months.

Yesterday, I updated Ubuntu and now all of my email from 2012 appears to have been deleted. I'm using Evolution for email. I've looked in all of the folders and checked settings. Now when I check my email, it will tell me it's fetching and indicate how many emails have come in, but when it's done processing, there is no email at all.

I'm not sure how to proceed now. Help?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Year of mail missing

Quote Originally Posted by Priswell View Post
    I'm on a fairly new computer, a System76 desktop with Ubuntu 12.04 installed. I had backed up my email and restored it to this computer and have been working with it for a few months.

Yesterday, I updated Ubuntu and now all of my email from 2012 appears to have been deleted. I'm using Evolution for email. I've looked in all of the folders and checked settings. Now when I check my email, it will tell me it's fetching and indicate how many emails have come in, but when it's done processing, there is no email at all.

I'm not sure how to proceed now. Help?
    What sort of mail account, POP, IMAP etc?

Exactly what "update" did you do?
    Regards, David.
    Please use the Forum search and Wiki search for immediate help
    Please mark your thread as Solved when appropriate
    New to technical forums?: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Beans

Re: Year of mail missing

The mail is POP3 (comcast.net). The update is the regular update from the Update Manager.