Thread: What happened to all the mame-frontends?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

What happened to all the mame-frontends?

I'm building a cabinet for mame and have been checking out various frontends for it.

The frontends in the repos (gmameui and gnomecab (I think it was called)) are both for desktop-use, not really cabinet-material.

Wahcade hasn't been updated in 3 years, and the package download raises a lot of "bad quality"-flags when trying to install.

Cabrio FE relies on old libraries (libavcodec-52 and libavutil-52).

That only leaves AdvanceMenu which I have to compile myself.

Do you guys know of any frontends for linux out there that would be good for a cab?
    "Act only according to that maxim by which you can also will that it would become a universal law." - Immanuel Kant
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master." - Pravin Lal

Beans

Re: What happened to all the mame-frontends?

I was in the same boat a few weeks back. I settled on getting cabrio working. It's worth the effort in my opinion. The old libraries aren't hard to find and if you follow the install instructions it should work. I found that I had to use the git repo, not the source that is posted on the cabrio site. The cabrio google group has some good info on compiling as well. Good luck!

Beans

Re: What happened to all the mame-frontends?

beeries where u find the cabrio old lib? compiling is very difficult.. the site provide the web but my ubuntu is 12.04 and deb askme for libavcodec52 (>= 4:0.6-1~)|libavcodec-extra-52 (>= 4:0.6-1~) where i findit?